Translate

mercredi 17 septembre 2014

Easy slippers : crochet-style - English version

Pour ma page Facebook, c'est ici

Easy slippers: crochet-style - version française : ici



Poorly-shoed shoemakers happen - so do crocheting ladies who don't have slippers to offer their guests when drop by for a visit! That's what happened to me last week when my friend Lise came for a visit. She spent the evening in my Mathieu's Crocs. I should've had a pair of slippers on hand for her!

Now I don't crochet slippers often. For years I had the ones my godmother had made for me. They were made out of Phentex. Those of you who know of this material can garanty that is something that does not wear out easily. You practically have to lose the Phentex slippers to get ride of them!

One has to add that, personnally, my own foot is somewhat...robust. The Oma model by Tara is actually very pretty, and I strongly recommend it. But, if you are in need of a bit more, here is a quick, easy model for you to crochet.

Happy crocheting!

First step: the soles (I always do both soles before I tend to the upper part of the slipper.


The result:


Step two: pick up your stitches by stitiching under the row, using a crabstitch. Phew!
That's a lot of ``stitch!``:)

Number of pick-up stitches: 64 (68,72, 76, 80)


One can see the pick-up stitches under the foot.



Step three: the upper part of the foot.


So, is this model to your liking?

for size B - - - here










Lucie

Traductrice : Élizabeth Lowe

8 commentaires:

  1. Thanks for translation the pattern into English! I can read some French but certainly not patterns. :-)

    The slipper looks lovely! I will give it a try at some point. Today we have a hot summer-autuum day, so it's pretty hard to think about warm slippers... :)

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    RépondreEffacer
  2. Thanks so much for providing this guide!! I wish I'd had it before what I now call 'Slipper Gate' 2014 ;) Have a lovely week with cosy toes!! x

    RépondreEffacer
  3. Bonjour Helen,
    I don't know for Slipper Gate. I did this pattern for my special foot - 5 WISE. 5 Large
    Have a nice evening!
    Lucie

    RépondreEffacer
  4.  Bonjour, Lucie.

     Il est ma joie de partager votre travail merveilleux.
     Et doux messages charmes mon coeur.

     Je prie pour votre bonheur et la paix mondiale.
      Merci AMOUR l'échelle mondiale, et votre soutien.

    Bon week-end. du Japon, ruma❃

    RépondreEffacer
  5. great !
    Greetings from Poland :)
    Katarzyna


    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    RépondreEffacer
  6. Such sweet little slippers! Thank you for sharing them!
    Happy weekend!
    Helen xox

    RépondreEffacer
  7. I love these pretty little slippers. Thank you so much for providing a translation. I'm learning from your experience and making several pairs. At the same time I'm using up a lot of my partial skeins of yarn! 😊

    RépondreEffacer
  8. Maybe I've missed this but what size hook? what size yarn?

    RépondreEffacer